Medknow and the Journal of Global Infectious Diseases are now on
the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
As a member of COPE, the editors of JGID will have following
The Committee on Publication Ethics, established in 1997 with 5200
members, provides a forum for publishers and Editors of scientific
journals to discuss issues relating to the integrity of the work
submitted to or published in their journals, both print and online.
Examples include conflicts of interest, falsification and
fabrication of data, plagiarism, unethical experimentation,
inadequate subject consent and authorship disputes. It encourages
its members to seek investigation into suggested misconduct by the
employing universities, hospitals or other funders of prima facie
cases. More about COPE from http://publicationethics.org/about.
- Ability for Editors to bring cases to COPE Forum in person or by
telephone for advice
- Members' area of the website with: Council blog, sample letters,
archive of cases and advice, presentations, database of members,
auditing tool, newsletter and online distance-learning course on
- Minutes of the Forums, which include advice and follow-up
information on all cases discussed
- Free attendance for Editors to the COPE Annual Seminar in the UK
and next year in the USA as well
- Support for Editors being able to consult and quote advice from
the only international group on publication ethics